AxelF
Автомобил:
Двигател:

Survey for turbocharger repair in Bulgaria

Мнениеот AxelF » Съб 05 ное 2011 18:37

Hello,

my name is Alex.
I live in Germany.
My business is dealing and the repair of all turbocharger types in high quality rate.
We have many customers in Bulgaria also.
Some customers has asking me for open a repair work shop for turbochargers in Bulgaria.
Maybe it´s possible to get a feedback from a car forum.

How do you all think about this.
Is this worthwhile.
Is something like that welcome in Bulgaria by the majority?

best regards
Alex

Потребителски аватар
vaskoto1
майстор Падна ли ми!
Автомобил: Passat B35i
Двигател: AGG
Контакти:

Re: Survey for turbocharger repair in Bulgaria

Мнениеот vaskoto1 » Пон 07 ное 2011 17:35

hi alex.
welcome.
we have here few shops, who perform overhaul of turbochargers, but as far as i've heard (never used such service-can't tell my own experience...) the quality is not as satisfactory as people expected, prices also-if you know what i mean...
probably this venture of yours will be successful here-who knows... it definitely will be more than welcome, if the prices are reasonable, the quality of services is at least normal. "high" would definitely be better...
so it's your call, in the end of the day... your money.
tell you what-you will have customers-that's for sure!
cheers

Потребителски аватар
Petrolhead
Автомобил:
Двигател:

Мнениеот Petrolhead » Пон 07 ное 2011 17:38

probably not the best place to start a car repair business.
not so many customers, and most of them cheap. arrange a deal with a local shop, find good transport rates, and work in Germany

Потребителски аватар
yoan4o
магистрален бандит
Автомобил: 2018 Arteon R 335 + 2017 e-Up
Двигател: Много газ и всичко ток

Мнениеот yoan4o » Пон 07 ное 2011 17:43

AxelF написа:
Is something like that welcome in Bulgaria by the majority?

I think so.
Most bulgarians don't have enough money to buy a new turbochargers when there is a problem, so they prefer to rebuild the existing one.

We always welcome German Investors here is Bulgaria. :да:

Not at the last my opinion is that your work will be better than the competition here because of the German work rules you are working with. /hope so/ mhihi

Потребителски аватар
vaskoto1
майстор Падна ли ми!
Контакти:

Мнениеот vaskoto1 » Пон 07 ное 2011 18:03

Petrolhead написа:probably not the best place to start a car repair business.
not so many customers, and most of them cheap. arrange a deal with a local shop, find good transport rates, and work in Germany

everything around here just have to be cheap... sorry. it's not out of "being cheap" in general-it's out of necessity... not that you are not aware of this.
also-time is of the essence too. i don't have couple of cars-i only have one-if it stops, than what? and if it is in the pit aria for a month-i'm over and done with...
so this is not the best option... some of the shops, overhauling turbos, send them in neighboring grece for balancing-that takes also lots of time...
you know what they say-a shoemaker makes a living not as much from selling new shoes, but from repairing old ones...
it's admirable enough that somebody, in our modern "wear and throw away" world is trying to repair and recycle, instead of changing directly.

AxelF
Автомобил:
Двигател:

Мнениеот AxelF » Пон 07 ное 2011 20:27

thanks for your answer all

To me is aware which different is the price level in Bulgaria as in Germany. We have also many customers from Slovenia or Slovakia. There a low price is searched everywhere, nevertheless, many buy in Germany.
We are no garage with car repair, we repair turbocharger only.
Interesting would be also to be heard sometimes how much a turbocharger repair can cost in Bulgaria.
The problem with the prices is which the machines and spare parts will also cost in Bulgaria exactly the same amount, as in Germany because the machines and spare parts must be ordered out of Bulgaria.
Only with the labour costs the price can be changed.
We need in Germany for the repair of a turbocharger 4-5 hours. The customer gets back the part on the same day or the next day.

Потребителски аватар
vaskoto1
майстор Падна ли ми!
Контакти:

Мнениеот vaskoto1 » Пон 07 ное 2011 20:51

well, if it is any valid info-last i've heard of arround 800lv.(400 euro roughly) for repairing turbo for passat 3C (B6) diesel 2.0 140ps
but this, as i understood, incorporates taking it off the car, and mounting it back...
it will be so lot easier if you do the whole 9 yards... for the customer that.
so figure it out-if you can squeeze in this price range (preferrably go as low as you can go, but from this figure) it is a possible profitable bussiness...

AxelF
Автомобил:
Двигател:

Мнениеот AxelF » Пон 07 ное 2011 22:25

I think, I will made a trip to Burgas and Varna to check the location and situation,
maybe with an repair order for 1 or 2 turbochargers and check them.

Потребителски аватар
vaskoto1
майстор Падна ли ми!
Контакти:

Мнениеот vaskoto1 » Чет 10 ное 2011 9:52

please do tell us what becomes of all this.
cheers.
:beer

Потребителски аватар
blaze
Автомобил: Кораб Майка
Двигател: AHF BAU

Мнениеот blaze » Чет 10 ное 2011 12:37

Hi Alex.
Greetings from BG :)
As the colleagues said, for the most people with such problems the price is in first place. 90% of the people here, who are looking for a rebuild or a new turbo, would make a compromise with the quality instead of the price.

For example, I'm looking for a turbo or a rebuid of mine making it hybrid for my Seat TDi, and i can spend up to 300-400EUR even little more if i'm sure that it will approve the price. And here comes the next problem: for 5 months NO one could give me warranty for the turbos and rebuilds in more than 10 services offers. Every one says "we will make it with all new parts, and everything, but warranty...it depends on how will you drive...how will you mount it...bla..bla..bla". So you have to throw your money for what??

And every one service has a good and also bad reviews, so you can't decide easy where to throw your money. Will you get drоwn or will be hapy many km with your turbo!?!? No one can tell you "Those guys are the best, you will not regret.."

For advice, if you make a good name here, you will get what you deserve - respect, and a lot of customers. And for sure you must find a good tuners who will make your turbos to work in best way, so you will be able to give warranty for your work!

But you have to decide will you make it in the local prices!? For examle i'll tell you the best price / quality i've holding on now: 350eur = recycling my old one GT1949v on 100% or 370eur = 100% recycled turbo GARRETT GT1749VA with some warranty, or making hybrid "GT1752" of my old one (1749V) for 380eur. Prices without mountig or such. And the cheapest way is to buy a second hand GT1749V for around 150euro , put your head in the bag (as we say in BG) and pray to be a good one or sell your car in unknown condition.

I will appreciate if you tell me (if you want on private message) what are your prices for those services.

I hope that numbers and advice will help you to decide!

AxelF
Автомобил:
Двигател:

Мнениеот AxelF » Чет 10 ное 2011 22:08

In Germany we repair turbocharger and give at least 12-month guarantee.
The prices of a repair amount between 250 EUR and 480 EUR (German income tax 40%, Bulgaria 10%?). With some electronic steered ones it can also become more expensive if the set motor is also defective.
One must also understand the differences.
I cannot do repair of a turbocharger with bad old parts, use only one new bearing rep kit and be sure which functions the turbocharger for long time, already not at all with 12-month guarantee.
Measured in the purchasing power a repair is very expensive in BG. If I look at tax niveau is it very expensive in Bulgaria.
If there in addition is no guarantee, I understand why many Bulgarians buy in Germany.

Върни се в “VWclub.bg International Section”