Thank you for contacting GoPro and please accept our apologies for our delayed answer. Because of an unusually high volume of emails that we have received over the past couple weeks it has taken us longer than we would like to answer them all but we are doing so as fast as we can.
Sorry to hear you're having some freeze up issues with your Hero3 camera.
Please follow the steps below which I believe they will sort you out.
1. Connect you camera to your computer with the USB cable and power it on.
2. To manually update the HERO3’s firmware you’ll need to have JAVA disabled on the Browser
3. Go to http://gopro.com/support/product-updates-support/ and choose your camera model.
4. You’ll get a message 'install Java' on your screen, please don't do so.
5. Please click the manually update camera link on lower-right. (you’ll need to click it twice to confirm). Fill in the registration fields.
6. On the next screen you’ll need to type in the camera’s serial number (it’s case sensitive, so make sure that you have Caps Lock ON)
7. Following will be the registration information for the WiFi connection (Silver and White only)
8. You’ll then have the link the download the firmware update files, which are downloaded in a standard zipped folder.
9. After you have the zip file on your computer, place ALL files that come inside the zip onto the root of your micro-SD card.
10. Power Off the camera, and unplug it from the computer.
11. Power On the camera, the update process will begin automatically. Please do not press any buttons at this stage.
The firmware update can take between 5 to 10 minutes, and the camera may power off and back on by itself.
To confirm it was updated successfully please follow these steps:
- Power On the camera.
- Format SD Card
- Take a Single Photo
- Access the SD card with a Computer
- Under the MISC folder, there will be a version.txt file
- This file contains the firmware versions installed on the camera (both camera and wifi). Please copy the content of it onto your reply.
This should get your HD HERO 3 back on track, but let me know how it goes.
updated: пробвах инструкцията и всичко тръгна перфектно!
А какви програми ще препоръчате за обработка на видеото ? (основно ме интересува да цепи,лепи, забавя, забързва ... )